VCGI-Juegos

[English] Tools that were used to create this mod

[English] Tools that were used to create this mod

Mensaje por xan1242 el Dom Abr 05, 2015 12:50 pm

I apparently registered here already and I don't remember doing that (it was quite a while ago)...

Anyhow, I wanted to ask you which tools were used to create this? I remember seeing something on Neoseeker a while ago, but I never would have thought you could modify the game to this extent.

I imagine someone had to write a MRG repacker for the game, which I'd like to get my hands on. I'd much appreciate if someone could send the tools to me!

I'm interested in modding this game myself as I do have some experience in that and I wish to see what more can be done with this game.

As far as FMII goes, I'm relatively impressed what you've been able to do with this. I mean, continuous effect cards, monster effect cards and other things I do like. If that's been possible so far, it could be possible to implement the normal Yu-Gi-Oh! rules completely. There were a few things I didn't like about FMII, such as some changed instruments and graphical changes and such.
xan1242
Duelista Iniciado
Duelista Iniciado

Cantidad de envíos : 5
Reputación VCGI : 7
Starchips Starchips : 50
Palmarés : -
Chibi-Char :

Re: [English] Tools that were used to create this mod

Mensaje por Marx666 el Dom Abr 05, 2015 1:26 pm

I was expecting somebody to ask this, and here I am to reply. I'm part of the brazil team, I fully translated the campaign and all 722 cards from spanish to english, a hard job though. I'm sorry to say that tools that were used to create this game won't be shared to anyone, Seto Crazy and Jean Metallica, the two "brains" of this fan-made game, spoke that they created advanced tools due to their knowledge obtained by searching the info of this game. They won't share such a hard job, and they don't want to ruin this game.

If they release these tools, everybody will start to create and f**k up the game and change everything they created, thus there won't be legitimacy within the images/videos uploaded of cards obtained. Since there are a lot of cards that haven't been discovered yet.

There were a lot more of effects cards that were not included because they were in an experimental state, and had bugs. I think there's not anything else to do with this game apart of what they've already done.

I've seen that tool of neoseekers but it doesn't work properly and the one used by the team is different I guess.

There are already other games such as Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos that have the real TCG rules so please leave this game as it is.

The music sounds different because of the built-in emulator, also because it looks like they worked in a different version of the game, but I don't remember so much about that.
Marx666
V.I.P
V.I.P

Cantidad de envíos : 1241
Juego : Yu-Gi-Oh! FM II
Reputación VCGI : 1978
Starchips Starchips : 4340
Palmarés :

Chibi-Char :

https://www.youtube.com/user/nachoaxm20

Mensaje por xan1242 el Dom Abr 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh well, I'm a bit disappointed to see that there are people willing to screw up the game, but still, it would be good manners to release the tools (even long after FMII is finished). I can sort of understand why they wouldn't now, as you said, people'd screw up their work.

Each modding community is different I guess. Modifications of other peoples' work will always exist, unfortunately. (this even applies to FMII technically speaking, as it is a mod)

I suppose I'll have to write my own tools then... All I really and firstly wanted to do was to extract the assets anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply though!
xan1242
Duelista Iniciado
Duelista Iniciado

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por xan1242 el Lun Abr 06, 2015 10:15 am

*bump*

Sorry for double post, I need one thing from you guys.

Could anybody send me the file structure of the MRG files (SetoCrazy or Jean Metallica) through PM? At least that much you could help me out with. Smile
xan1242
Duelista Iniciado
Duelista Iniciado

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por Marx666 el Lun Abr 06, 2015 12:40 pm

@xan1242 escribió:*bump*

Sorry for double post, I need one thing from you guys.

Could anybody send me the file structure of the MRG files (SetoCrazy or Jean Metallica) through PM? At least that much you could help me out with. Smile

They're both offline, and I say it again, this kind of job cannot be done here you can be banned if you keep asking that tho. Seto Crazy said he'll be some months offline, but he strictly said no one must share this kind of files. Jean says the same.
Marx666
V.I.P
V.I.P

Palmarés :

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por xan1242 el Lun Abr 06, 2015 2:16 pm

What kinds of files? I was just asking for a file specification. (type of compression and such)

If they said they'd ban for even that, they're taking too much credit for themselves then. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but not willing to share any knowledge is harsh in the same manner as well.

It'll just make my job easier if they told me the file specification, I'll crack it myself sooner or later.
xan1242
Duelista Iniciado
Duelista Iniciado

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por Marx666 el Lun Abr 06, 2015 2:33 pm

@xan1242 escribió:What kinds of files? I was just asking for a file specification. (type of compression and such)

If they said they'd ban for even that, they're taking too much credit for themselves then. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but not willing to share any knowledge is harsh in the same manner as well.

It'll just make my job easier if they told me the file specification, I'll crack it myself sooner or later.

I guess then that you shouldn't continue in this site. We respect the legal game and this FM II should live for some months before the possibly release of their tools, but I think they won't do that.

If you've played this game enough or have been in this site for a long time (thing you don't do) you might know why do I say this.

This game took freaking 5 years to be released and the amount of time spent in this game is going to the trash if somebody changes/modifies their creation, can't you understand that.

I've been a modder in the past and I know about this. This is a very old game that shouldn't be changed, this ain't GTA:SA.

If you want to mod FM, try out with the original Forbidden Memories, this game has everything hidden and some of the users that have been hackers couldn't even change it, but the original FM is not hard to modify.
Marx666
V.I.P
V.I.P

Palmarés :

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por xan1242 el Lun Abr 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Oh, I think we're misunderstood here.

I don't want to mod FMII in any way at all. I only want to mod the original game, as you said.

FMII isn't a whole new game per se, it's a total conversion - that's at least how I see it.

I'm only trying to extract the files first, check them out and then mod the game, as I usually do with every other game I mod. A file spec usually indicates what is where in a file format, and that's currently the one and the only thing I'm looking for.

How exactly is it easy to mod the game anyway? I don't know a thing about this modding this game... Very Happy
xan1242
Duelista Iniciado
Duelista Iniciado

Chibi-Char :

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado